DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
dacoyle

Location: Arlington, VA (across the river from Washington, DC)
Default Word to Dreamweaver HTML conversion

Long time, no see, folks.

I have a monster document (241 pages) I need to convert to HTML. I tried the Save As > Web Site, Filtered feature in Word, but that gave me a 1.7MB HTML file that is just too large to clean the code with DW and HomeSite (mostly with RegEx).

I have the DW setting file for copy/paste set really high so I don't get that annoying "This document is large.." message, but when I try to copy and paste from Word to DW, none of the images come thru. I tested with a smaller, 30 page publication and that didn't give me the images, either. I have no idea what changed. I'm still on DW CS6.

I already tried unlinking the images in Word, so that's not the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,

Dennis