DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Andrew B.
Staff

Default Studio Artist

Studio Artist is an automated painting program that also allows the user to work in manual or assisted modes. And unlike most program of this type, it also allows the user to do autorotoscoping on animated material. Plus, it has a slew of special effects, and provides for vectorizing.

I watched the demo movie, and unfortunately, the demo applied effects to a painting. Because paintings are already painted (simplified, dramatized, color-enhanced), it doesn't really show us what the program can do with photographs. But if you have some art as a starting place, this program can make some interesting changes.

I used to be active in a forum where a woman used this program a lot on photos, and she found it helpful. I never tested it back then because there used to be no Windows version. And I can't really test it now.

BTW, I emailed them to ask about closed captions and/or providing the scripts. I was told they will look into this and get back to me. When I watched the demo it sounded like the VO was working from scripts, so I hope those will be available.

OSX 10.4.10 or higher, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7

http://synthetik.com/