Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Franca
Staff

Default Multiple versions of Firefox on one system

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
ROFL! I currently have 3 versions of FF on my system--2.something with an add-on/extension that won't run on anything later, 3.20 and what was 4 but is now 6--and I still have the last Netscape install too although I haven't used it in eons. I have each of the FF's set up with a custom shortcut so I can actually start them all independently...
I thought that wasn't possible! Maybe you can tell me how to do that because I'd like to run a newer version of FF as well. I need a newer browser for some sites and really don't want to have to use IE. Although I do have Chrome ... but some annoyance or other made me stop using it. Now I've forgotten what the annoyance was.

Quote:
32 or 64 bit? Can 32 bit stuff run in Win7 64 bit? Is there any sort of compatibiity mode or something in Win7 64 bit?
It will be 64-bit Win 7 when I get it. There is compatibility mode, I'm told. I could borrow one of the netbooks running Win 7 to experiment with maybe ... but it doesn't have the pro version of Win 7 installed.

Franca is offline   Reply With Quote