DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Fonts & Typography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Default 'Incomplete' TrueType font in InDesign

Just now I was Preflighting a job in InDesign (Mac OS X 10.3.9, InDesign CS) and it says one of my TrueType fonts is incomplete. When I checked 'incomplete' in the InDesign Help, it says that it means only the screen font is present, and that the printer font is missing. But how does this affect TrueType fonts?

This particular font is a Windows TrueType that I installed from the Corel 7 CD to match the font for a magazine ad. It's used in just one word, so I don't want to go out and buy a weight of a Mac Type 1. Also, when I did the major Preflight of this job yesterday, there were no yellow triangles in the fonts listing, and even today, when I ask InDesign to show the font, there is no yellow triangle in the fonts list to indicate a problem with the font. Just in Preflight.

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this problem? I've installed several TrueType fonts from the Corel 7 CD on the Mac and never had a problem with one before.

If you know what is causing the problem, do you have a solution other than going out and buying the font or substituting it? I suppose I could try Helvetica Bold and give it a border to get the weight I need. Ugh.