DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Production & Automation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
Ronald

Default Editing PDF For Proofing - Print Shop

I made a chamber member plaque design for a chamber of commerce. They needed one for virtually every year dating back to the late 19th century, so I made files to suit that, just changing the year on each one.

I've been told that after printing and framing it, they see that a period sits close to the edge and looks odd, they want to add a white border on the sheet to set it off from the black frame, and the blue background is leaning toward purple (I may've tweaked it since the last proofing - can't remember). I made the files in Illustrator and converted to PDF, so I'm thinking it should be possible for the printer to open them in Illustrator and modify to their liking. If possible, I think this would be much better than having me remake all those files without knowing whether or not the blue will be improved. The printer could modify and proof one until it turns out well, then use that as a basis for all the other files.

I embedded a photo and unusual font into the PDFs, but I would imagine that shouldn't prevent them from tweaking it. If that is the case, though, I still think it would be worth giving them the photo file to they can tweak as opposed to tweaking things myself and sending new files back. Any comments or suggestions?
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote