DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
TooLoose_LeTrek

Default Any CorelDraw X4 users?

Hi. I am having all kinds of problems with CorelDraw and have unsuccessfully tried to contact the company to get help. Perhaps someone here can help me.

I have been using CorelDraw for quite some time. v.7-9, 12, and X4. All legit.

There is something screwy with this program. When I go to save a file, hitting the SAVE, not the SAVE AS, it replaces the desktop program icon with the program I want to save. I also had issues with the character insertion process, scrolling through the different fonts and not having access to individual characters. I have trouble getting on the CorelDraw forums and I think that might have something to do with registering my software with various email accounts and user names. (I've tried contacting Corel to get them to straighten this out, but I get no response from this company. I even got a questionnaire from them about how I like my software, checked the box that asked them to contact me...and nothing. That was months ago.)

Once I did get a post on their forum, posted my problem, and someone told me to save 'save as.' Yes, that's fine, but wouldn't the program protect itself from replacing the program icon with a file folder? When that happens, it also tosses a backup file on my desktop. Ever other program I use asks me where I want to save it, not replace the program icon.

I've tried reinstalling it, reformatting, a number of times, and I get nowhere. I recently reinstalled but frankly am hesitant to see what happens if I hit the 'save' button on an unsaved file.

Any thoughts? I am using XP Pro. I use Firefox browser and do have some script blocking add-ons, but I can't imagine those would have anything to do with working in this program.
TooLoose_LeTrek is offline   Reply With Quote