DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Ronald

Default How to Include Web Design in Physical Portfolio

I'm getting ready to print a couple things to add to my physical printed portfolio, but I'm not sure how to present a web design. Should I PDF the full layout as it was made in Illustrator (with text/photos included in the body of course), or should I go as far as printing with a browser window and taskbar to give its true appearance on a computer screen? The latter would obviously prevent one from seeing the entire page layout but be an arguably 'truer' appearance. Of course I'll convert to CMYK before printing; I think the RGB colors were based on the same solid to process swatches used to print the visitors guide.

I intend on printing at least two layouts, the intro page design and the actual homepage design used throughout the site. I'm not sure it would be worth printing any others, but I suppose they could further demonstrate how body copy & photo collages are used in the page layout.

By the way, I did a few Google searches on this topic before posting on here, but sure enough, all the links focused on web portfolios, not physical ones.
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote