DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Production & Automation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #1
Mike
Staff

Default Cropping Acrobat Files

I have a number of Acrobat files with crop marks. I'm having to crop the pages and do a few edits as the files are going off for electronic publication.

If I just use Acrobat's crop pages feature then the full page size remains in the file but only the cropped area is visible. Returning to the crop pages dialogue illustrates that the crop marks and page info are still there outside the visible area.

If I then optimise the file and compress it and fiddle around with the PDF Optimiser settings and few other things then the stuff outside the visible area is generally deleted but not always. Sometimes I just can't seem to get rid of the invisible items.

I'm not sure what's going on or what it is I should be doing to get rid of this stuff - at the moment I'm acting a bit like a monkey typing the Bible.

How should I crop a pdf document to ensure that everything outside the crop area is permanently removed from the file?

I'm using Acrobat 8 professional on a Mac.

www.welshframing.com
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote