DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
George

Default Musical Preference & Personality Type

Here is an interesting study on discerning personality type from choice of music. It's something we all really know exists, but the study tries to quantify it a bit more.

It makes me realize, that I should give more consideration to the ways the things I publish have an appeal, or non-appeal, to personality type and what might exert some control over the factors involved.

However, in making such consideration, one has to have a theory on personality, and from my view point, relying on the modern study of psychology doesn't accomplish anything useful. I was a juror once, and when the question of the testimony on psychological experts came up, I had its consideration dismissed summarily by the group as mumbo-jumbo, by a simple comparison to the way physicists use equations. Still, there are discernible and different character types, and it might be useful to consider how one form of communication over another relates to different people according to their characters. Perhaps, I should consider then political theory for winning elections.

George

What's the personality type for popular Spanish music? Romantic, I guess.
George is offline   Reply With Quote