DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Production & Automation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
pubber

Default Possible printing problem with publishing ISBN number

Well, I went ahead and ordered a block of ISBN numbers. As you're all probably aware, they are a group of numbers which are translated, for lack of a better word, into a barcode.
The store which is stocking or selling the publication can then scan the barcode and keep track of how many, if any, copies of the publication it has sold.
The US, Canada and Australia etc. will have a similar system.
I'm planning to print it on the back page and have left plenty of space for it, I've seen some barcode images that are 2 1\2 inches square but it's probably possible to edit the image to a more reasonable size.
I just wonder whether it will have to be printed at a certain minimum resolution. Some barcode lines are very thin and might not show up if the resolution is too low.
Any thoughts on this, anyone?
pubber is offline   Reply With Quote