DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
Clayton

Default New Directions, New Challenges

Presently I create 2-dimensional, photorealistic renditions of products for the sales folks to show their prospects. The products are dashboard instrumentation for trucks and construction vehicles.

I use CorelDraw and Photoshop with a lot of success. However, the sales folks have become bored with the 2D renditions, and they are static. I've been asked to go a step farther and create interactive, animated renditions for on-line viewing.

As a first step, the interactive animation would be contained on a CDROM that could be sent to a prospect for off-line viewing and interaction. If the concept is successful, the next step would be to transport it to the company website for on-line interaction.

"Interactive" here means the viewer can control various gauge pointers and telltale operation by mousing around with virtual switches, knobs, sliders, and other controls.

What applications should I be considering to build the animation and link the movable objects to their controls? Macromedia was suggested, but I'd rather stick with an Adobe product. I think a graphics-based simulation would be easier to develop and maintain than a video-based one.

Comments? Suggestions?? Recommendations???

Last edited by Clayton; 04-13-2005 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Add info
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote