DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
donat

Default printing via airport troubles (not USB)

The network printer doesn't print using an airport express network.

What do I need to do to make the laserprinter work using airport?

I am using an airport express, it works fine to connect to the internet or play music on the stereo. The unit is connected to a zyxel hub/switch using its ethernet port, which is cabled to a DSL-router.
Connected to the same hub/switch is a HP laserjet 2100TN, which I can't make to print using airport. Using an ethernet cable via hub/switch, the printer works fine as ever, as it does for my colleagues. I was able to set my powerbook up with the correct driver.
The airport has the lastest firmware installed, I work with a brand new powerbook. Using the printer utility, in the printer list the 2100TN shows up correctly. I made it the default printer, this I made using an ethernet cable. But sending a job to it using airport only, it says "printer not responding". AppleTalk is active in Network:Show:AirPort. It can't find a new driver/printer using "AppleTalk" to add to the printer list in printer utility. "Rendezvous" doesn't show any printer either. Using "IP Printer" I did set up the same printer using its IP address, it showed up correctly. Sending a job onto this printer, it says "unable to connect to printer: Operation timed out".

My actual OS is 10.3.7
donat is offline   Reply With Quote