DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
Michelle Noel

Default I need some help with InDesign

I'm still learning the program & I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have made 5 Master Pages (B is a duplicate of the left page of A, C is a duplicate of the right page of A, D is a modification of C -- I increased the top margin to accommodate a text frame with chapter numbers and headings). On page one I applied Master Page D; pages 2-10 are using Master Page A. I pasted about a 7 page section from the original source document (Word), clicked the outport to load up the place cursor and then tried to autoflow the rest of the text onto page 2 etc. The result was that page 2 looks fine, page 3, 5 and all subsequent odd numbered pages are blank, page 4, 6, etc. have the autoflowed text, but in text frames echoing the smaller (and in the wrong place) text frame on Master Page D instead of the Master text frames that are on Master Page A (i.. the "default" ones created according to the single column/margins when I set up the document).

Any assistance would be appreciated!! (and I hope I haven't posted in the wrong place.
Michelle Noel is offline   Reply With Quote