DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
George

Default Amazing KT

Kathleen,

I put together a model of a new booklet layout according to your recommendations. It's amazing! I printed this in the computer room in my basement!!! I just went into my library and looked at a number of sample booklets put out by professional organizations using commercial printers. Sorry, but my booklet reads easier, handles nicer, and has a better looking layout. Forgive my immodesty, but I am giving you the credit.

Some of the other booklets really do have nicer cover designs, with professionally artistic graphics. But I simply don't have the time to design or hunt down graphics for every booklet I put out. Further, I come from a tradition of plain folk, and I couldn't get too fancy with a cover design anyway. We emphasize the quality and power of the message, and we're very suspicious of anything that is overdone. Still, I wonder if I could find one basic graphic with a common organizational theme for all the booklets, to help out with spacing and interest. The better quality layout of the booklet content does cause my cover to seem weak. I'm going to use a Tahoma font on the cover.

I can only work on the booklet layout as I have spare moments in between projects, and I still have refinements to keep on considering. The booklets only have a limited role in what I do, but it's important to have nice ones when they count.

This post is a special thank you for the help.

George
(And I got a neat pica ruler, but it's called a leading ruler).
George is offline   Reply With Quote