DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
terrie
Staff

Default InDesign and can't select text...

I hope I can explain this clearly...

Using ID3.01 and I had an existing document that was 2 pages long that I was modifying to get down to 1 page. Everything was working just fine until I deleted the 2nd page and then I discovered that the mouse would no longer select--I'm not sure that deleting that 2nd page has anything to do with the problem but that's the last "major" sort of mod I'd done when I discovered the problem...

With the document open and the Select tool active, I double-clicked in the document, the tool changes to the Type tool and the cursor is sitting at the bottom of the page--just to the left of the end of document marker and I can't get the cursor to move using the mouse--I can move it using the arrow keys--and trying to use the mouse to select a block of text is not working either...

It's really weird and I can't figure out what I've done to cause the problem...

Fortunately I had another saved modified copy and I just used that one and have no problems with the mouse/cursor use...

Suggestions???

Thanks!

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote