DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
Franca
Staff

Default Wizardry gone awry

So I was reading the final Harry Potter book last night when, to my horror, I discovered that the page following 434 was not, in fact, 435. Instead it was page 403. 32 duplicate pages later I spotted page 467 with no sign of pages 435-466. Oh, noooooooooooooooooooooo! Trapped in the middle of the book with no way forward until I can get my hands on another copy!

Last night I was so peeved that I fully intended to return the book for replacement or refund but after a night's sleep I thought better of that plan.

Interestingly, my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is not the standard first Scholastic edition that has been the subject of all of the news reports this past week. Instead it is the Deluxe edition, and so far I have not heard of any other Deluxe editions with binding errors. But it certainly seems that if there is one copy, there must be others ... in which case some of them will surely show up on eBay in the near future. I guess I'll shelve my copy for the time being, but I really wish the defect had been of a sort that allowed me to finish reading the book!

Franca is offline   Reply With Quote