DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
George

Default The Iphone Whistle

I saw a review for iphone this morning. It’s amazing – all it does and so easy. Watching it makes one want it. It costs $500--$600. But what is this really – an expensive whistle??

Here’s what Ben Franklin had to say about expensive whistles.
http://grammar.about.com/od/60essays/a/whistlessay.htm

I guess this type thing will be the website design challenge of tomorrow.

Franklin is amazing. The more I learn about him, the more fascinating he is. So he cast the first American font – and did the first of too many things to count. I have no doubt that following his advice on industry and frugality will make anyone, that is anyone, rich. He retired at age 42 with a very nice income (but those first 42 years were more frugal than we want to acknowledge). He made the money from printing – but obviously his earnings were from more than frugality and industry, though his virtues there contributed substantially, but his brilliance made him do everything better than the competition, and he had a charmed life, always in the right place at the right time, meeting the right people. Then maybe, his refusal to make money off his inventions helped.

I can see how his principles of frugality and industry helped out in my own life, though I didn’t really follow them correctly. But who is willing to do that?? Still, I think I should wait on the iphone.

George
George is offline   Reply With Quote