DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Production & Automation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
jbennett

Default Trapping Issues when making PDF's in Quark.

Hi. I'm new here. I thought maybe someone here could explain how I can get past an annoying problem I'm having.

I'm designing a magazine and I'm sending the final files as PDF's. Now, in my Quark files (6.1) I have specific Traps and overprint settings. All kinds of stuff, from multiple layers of type knocking out rich black layers, some basic trapped color type on rich black pages, etc.

So, when I make my PDF's the trapping info seems to be ignored. I get my rich black tones, those mix properly, but text that I expect to spread so I don't get unsightly white halos around letter edges and choked type that I hope will keep rich black edges from being fuzzy just dissappear?! How can I create Press quality pdf's that retain all the nuanced trapping info I have included in my quark designs?

Thanks for any help. I'll go scan some old threads to see if this has been covered already.

-Jonathan
jbennett is offline   Reply With Quote