DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Tenzin

Default Fraud?

Dear All,

I was told that I could get some sound advice from people who are in the field of programming so I hope I could get some pointers from experienced programmers here.

I paid Company A (a software design company) 5 digits to build a website like novica.com and hhstyle.com with ASP.net and Windows SQL, and was told it will not take more than 2 months.

Throughout the 2 months, they did not update me anything with regards to the development and was told that those in the programming field usually deliver their product only at completion, contrary to design oriented firms that provide constant updates.

Now, after 2 months of delay, I am still unable to work on anything on the site (ie: uploading data, add products, etc).

The owner of the company said they will deliver, it is just a matter of time. I get only 'sorries' and empty promises thus far and getting increasing worried.

I have paid 50% upfront.

My questions are:

Is it a usual practice for a desktop publishing company to put off updates and draft submission till completion of the site?

Is it normal for me to not be ale to work on the site even after 4 months, considering that there are indeed bugs with the site they have scripted??

I will really appreciate input on this matter.

Thanks a lot!!
Tenzin is offline   Reply With Quote