DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Production & Automation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
danakay

Default Java scripting in Acrobat 5

I have a client who wants to start online surveys accessible through their various PDF pieces that I produce. Easy enough to create a url link to access them. I have that covered.

The issue is that they want me to look into an automated way to do this when the document is closed. I've been told that can be programmed into v7 files using Java script. I'm about to purchase v7 (currently using v5) so this could be accomplished.

However, most of my client's audience isn't going to be using v7 and this feature will error out on their machines. I'm thinking sending them to Adobe to download the latest reader would be a bit arduous. Especially when we're asking them for a favor. . . filling out a survey.

I'm wondering two things:
1) Can this sort of automated url access be accomplished in Acrobat 5?
2) Can it be programmed to perform this function only once and not every time the document is closed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dana

Last edited by danakay; 03-08-2005 at 11:09 AM.
danakay is offline   Reply With Quote