Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 490
Default What is the proper name for those chalk lines?

I know, this is an odd question but SURELY there is no better place to find out odd names and words.

You know, the chalk lines you see drawn around bodies on the ground, either in life or on the cop shows?

The reason I ask is even odder. I was driving down a street after a light snowstorm, and the shadows of the cars parked along the curb had an odd white trace next to them--exactly like the chalk lines next to dead bodies. I realized the cars weren't dead, it was just the sun melting the snow that wasn't in the shadow of the cars, and some trick of temperatures resulted in a "chalkline" about two inches wide. Still, it made me wonder, WTF do you call those lines?! They must have some kind of proper name, no?
groucho is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fold lines FlipSide Print Design 5 11-23-2006 10:49 AM
Extensis and LizardTech sell product lines to onOne Software Andrew B. Software 0 08-02-2005 05:18 PM
How To Fix a JPEG with Lines JABTE05 Images 24 05-19-2005 02:17 AM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2018 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.