DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
Daine

Default Thunderbird HTML signature - image path

Well, I ain't got a clue if this is the right place for my question but on the other hand, if you guys don't know, where else can a guy go...

Thunderbird uses standard html pages as the source for adding a signature to html e-mails and replies.

This is my issue... I think.

I use IMAP mail via Thunderbird from my WinXP PC and I also use it from my Linux PC.
My signatures have some text and a small image.

If I send a message say from my Linux system, get a reply while logged into the Win system and send a reply from the windows machine, the graphic image does not get sent. (And the same visa versa)

I have only been using this duality for a couple of weeks and it took a while before I even noticed.

Initially I was using an absolute path but I noticed there was a problem when I ported the account over to Linux and after a few mails saw that the image was not there.
I have the image and the html page in the same folder so I now just use the file name with no path.
But still when I have that cross system activity the image does not send.
It does however show up in the mail as I prepare it and that is why it took so long to see that it was a problem. Only when I got replies back without the image did I realize it.

So, I have to presume that the problem has to do with the path to the image but I really can't figure out what to do about it.

(an hour or so later)
Ooops, I just realized that I lied.
I tried using just the file name and while that of course works for a regular page, it does not work for those sig pages so I am back at absolute paths...

Any brilliant ideas
Daine

Last edited by Daine; 02-26-2007 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Ooops
Daine is offline   Reply With Quote