DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
dthomsen8

Default Backup Software

I am working on the other computer with the Acronis TrueImage 10.0 Home trial version. The reviews said that the techie details were not for the casual user, and they are right.

I have made a complete backup onto a hard drive partition, 22Gb, which includes 33Gb from my production partitions. I am now trying to create a backup of just the C: drive onto a DVD. This involves a considerable wait for the first DVD blank to fill, but I expect the second DVD to accept the rest of the backup. The D: and E: and H: drives await my attention.

What I really wanted was to back up all four partitions in 4.7GB installments onto the hard drive, and then write those onto the DVD blanks, but I cannot figure out how to do that. Maybe the present procedure will work out, doing each partition separately. The annoying part is sitting here waiting to put in another DVD blank.

Anybody else have experience with Acronis backup?
dthomsen8 is offline   Reply With Quote