DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #1
Calamity

Default Need help with graphic

Hi There you guys,

I'm a newbie here on DTP and was wondering if anyone knew how I could improve the quality of a new logo I am currently designing.
I have the logo just as I want it, but no matter which format I try to save it in, it just looks messy and pixelated around the lettering.
I have a pink background with white lettering and wondered if this may be the problem. I never had such a bad problem before when using dark lettering on a lighter background.

I've tried saving as png, jpeg, tiff and giff, but all end up with a messy mush around the lettering. I made the graphic up in Macromedia Fireworks MX and also tried it in Corel Draw. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 as well, but am struggling to get to grips with that as I find it quite complicated.
The graphic end of the logo doesn't look too bad, but the all essential lettering looks awful.

I will be uploading this to the net if I ever manage to get it looking pretty!

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? I would be really really tickled pink if anyone could help!! lol

Many thanks in advance...

Calamity
Calamity is offline   Reply With Quote