DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
Paul

Default Bonehead

Me, according to the endodontist who performed an apicoectomy on Thursday. That is a procedure to repair a failed root canal by boring through the bone in order to clip and fill the end of the root. Sort of like a root canal done from the other end.

The endodontist had said at the initial consultation that the bone through which he would have to approach the root is usually thin. But he said after doing the procedure that it wasn't so thin - I seem to have an awful lot of bone in my head.

He prescribed enough pain medication that I haven't had a care in the world, but I will have to stop taking it tomorrow because of work (can't drive while taking it; can't think about the same subject for more than a minute or so, either). My instructions for tomorrow are to take 4 regular ibuprofen plus 2 extra-strength acetaminophen.

I was surprised when my dentist here referred me to an endodontist 30 miles away, but the endodontist has been really good. He explained everything in enough detail that I never had any questions, and on Friday morning he telephoned to ask how I was doing. I go back on Thursday, when he'll remove any stitches that remain.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote