DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2006, 05:51 AM   #1
CarlSeiler

Default Irony?

When reading about accessibility issues for the blind at the American Council for the Blind web site, I followed a link over to Ann Morris Enterprises, which specializes in products for the visually impaired. Am I the only one who finds it a bit ironic that a site for the visually impaired doesn't display correctly in FireFox 1.5 under Windows XP?

These are the links to change the font size, too! And here they are covered up by some misplaced graphic. No amount of CTRL-+ and CTRL-- could make it come out from under there. Only turning off the style sheet allowed me to see the links fully. It looks fine in IE.

As a side note, the XHTML validation icon is clearly out-of-date, as when you click on it to validate the referer.

I see lots of sites with problems, even my own can always use fixing up. But a site that's geared towards people with visual difficulties should be spot on and looking for these sorts of problems. But that's just MNSHO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	annmorris.png
Views:	53
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	546  

Last edited by CarlSeiler; 05-06-2006 at 06:49 PM. Reason: moved/changed graphic for Marjolein
CarlSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote