Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
Michael Rowley
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ipswich (the one in England)
Posts: 5,105


That note is called a colophon, and it is rarely supplied

In England, the term 'colophon' is more restricted generally: it usually refers to the publisher's device, which is mostly on the title page (this is no criticism of US usage!). However, the verso of the t.p. often has the identity of the typeface (and usually, the size) used for the text and the name of the setter; the name and location of the printer is compulsory.

Michael Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pantone Library - research PeterArnel Print Design 3 03-20-2007 05:58 PM
St. Bride Library in peril ktinkel Fonts & Typography 8 03-03-2007 07:40 PM
Mac/OS X/Library/Prefs weirdness ktinkel The Corner Pub 19 12-14-2006 11:28 AM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2018 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.