DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
Daudio

Default GoDaddy hosting experiences ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktinkel
signed up for a GoDaddy site (a trip in and of itself!)
I set up a lawyers web site on GoDaddy. Actually they choose their hosting based on price I guess, against my advice not to have their domain name and hosting hostage to the same company. I then used them again for my 'Brass Backshop' forum, again for the price ($54 for one years hosting and two years for the domain name).

But the interface to ones account, email settings, hosting, and mySQL controls is horrible. the pages are so crowded with ads for GoDaddys extra cost services, that it is very hard to find the necessary little things to click to work with what you have paid for !

It is possible to do the necessary things one needs to do to manage your domains, email and hosting, but it takes carefull searching of the far too busy pages, more clicks then necessary, a little guessing and wondering if you did things right...

I haven't had any real problems, but I have had to use their phone support twice, to get help on things that should have been better explained on the site. They don't have a user support forum (which I think would be an easy, low cost, support mechanism for them, and better for us). And, I did some research before I jumped in.

I have had hosting through Your-Site and their hosting management tools are seperate from the advertising pages. Much more efficient and comfortable in my book.

GoDaddy's site has to be one of the worst I've had to use to accomplish goals other then just trying to find information on the web...

DaveAyers.com, Brass Backshop Forum
Daudio is offline   Reply With Quote