Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Images

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
marlene's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,419
Default Color artifacts in digital photos

A client provided some digital photos that have color "artifacts" -- don't know what the correct term is -- that show up as bands of color on the edges of some objects.

For example, there's a white building with lots of dark windows, and each window has a reddish band on the left, and a bright blue band on the right. Small sample is attached.

What is that called, and can it be fixed? I've got Photoshop CS2.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	artifacts.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	413  
marlene is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photos in PowerPoint? Bill Murmann Images 11 04-01-2007 06:14 PM
Travelling with photos Mike The Corner Pub 10 03-17-2007 02:13 PM
Digital color printing report ktinkel General Publishing Topics 3 09-22-2005 05:08 PM
Free Photos Andrew B. General Publishing Topics 13 04-12-2005 08:02 PM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2018 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.