DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Ronald

Default Need Advice on Making Photo Gallery Site, SWF Gallery too

I need to quickly make an online gallery of my graphic design/illustration/photography portfolio. I tried Weebly but it seems a bit too user-friendly and the enlarged (selected) image isn't very big onscreen--certainly not as big as the uploaded image. Maybe there's a way around that.

I also tried making a WordPress site using its simple site-construction options, but I can't figure out how to even make a gallery with that. I find WordPress very confusing; I downloaded it but don't understand how to use it. I do know some HTML/CSS and would like to easily make a simple WordPress site with my own customization.

As for the second issue, I'd like to easily present my SWF animations online. SWF is the extension of Flash animations. Such files can be viewed in a web browser (although I don't think they can be viewed a mobile device), but I wonder if it's possible to make an easy-to-access gallery of my SWF animations. It's an odd format to work with.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote