DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
terrie
Staff

Default Scamming the scammers...

I adore the people who take the time to scam scammers and today after receiving an email about how I won a lottery I never entered and googling different parts of the email, I stumbled across the 419Baiter site which is just a hoot and a half--419 refers to "the Nigerian 419 advance fee scam, known simply as 419 (four-one-nine) is named after section 419 of the Nigerian penal code."

It takes a bit of time to read but The Johnson Njoku Letters is worth every minute! Note that there are some slightly suggestive photos on some of the pages. This site owner got the scammer to pierce his nipple as part of the scam the scammer process! The names chosen--Patti Kake and her sisters Apple and Spice Kake--combined with her commentary are just priceless.

On page 4 of the this particular game (as she calls them), there is quite the most creative use of Lorem Ipsum I've ever seen--she has created a church (Our Lady of Perpetual Piercings Holy Church) with a dead-giveaway address of 18580 Roflmao Rd and the Reverend "Father Hershey Barr" says:

"I hope that the young man is feeling better. We have a prayer that a new recipient of The Ring recites on the day of his induction. If you would be so kind as to pass this prayer along to Junior so that he may recite it. It is in Latin but it should be no problem for him."

Followed by the "prayer"--scroll about 1/2 way down the page to see it.

The whole thing is really tooo funny and worth a browse...

Oh! Make sure to take a look at the testimonials page!

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote