DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
Lab309

Default Tabbed notebook help

Current project is to display pages in a tabbed notebook format. DWMX has a template that can do this, but the tabs are more like buttons. A better looking /working set is at www.borland.com. When the page comes up, the first tab appears "up front" because of the unbroken line from the left of the page, up over the text (creating the tab), and back down all the way to the right. Click on any other tab, and that line changes, still starting all the way over to the left, but now up over the text for that tab, and all the way over to the right, making the other tabs appear to be behind that one. And there's some change in the shading for foreground v backgroun tabs.

I've poked aound with their source code a bit, and it doesn't seem as they use tables of tables of tables and pieces of graphic files to construct these things, but that level of HTML programming is new to me, and I could be wrong.

Any pointers to do something like this (even if it's "yes, you really do have to go through tables of .gifs hell."), before I go down an errant path?

--jim
Lab309 is offline   Reply With Quote