DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.
Default Seriously soft socks!

I found some phenomenally soft and fluffy socks at Marshall’s last week. They look like feathers or some other aggregation of fluffy stuff, and feel like heaven on my feet. (Look a bit odd, but hey — what’s the point of being of une certain age if I can’t enjoy myself!)

The ones I got came only in gaudy colors (teal being the tamest; magenta, purple, what I think of as bubblegum pink, and poisonous light green being others; one pair has sky blue and poison green in a funny pattern). Cost $5/pair.

Now I am addicted and looking for more. (My local Marshall’s, of course, has sold out.)

In case you are also interested, I found some called chenille socks at Comfort Corner: three packs of blue, cream, or pink for $18.

A Hanes subsidiary also has some, in better colors (navy and red among them). They are $5 each, $4 if you buy 2 pairs or more.

Those are all synthetic blends. As I searched around on the web, I also found these mohair socks from New Zealand, which look pretty fabulous too ($21/pair) — and they come in lovely colors, including apricot and amethyst. These are a blend of mohair with a little nylon, and guaranteed not to itch.

Anyway, if you like funny socks, do look for these.

Last edited by terrie; 09-10-2005 at 11:18 AM. Reason: fixed the mohair socks link
ktinkel is offline   Reply With Quote