DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Richard Hunt

Default My monitor went west

So, five minutes before a training customer arrives on Friday morning, the nice big flat TFT monitor on my desktop PC packs up. Had to fall back on the notebook which is not ideal.
The monitor which has packed up is a Samsung 181T. Fortunately it is still in its 3-year on-site warranty period so Samsung ought to give me a replacement. Actually this will be a replacement of a replacement - the one I got in August 2003 packed up in November last year. I wonder whether my replacement this time will be a reconditioned unit, or a new equivalent one, as the 181T is now discontinued?

I have actually ordered a new monitor - guess what, it's not a Samsung. I think that after 14 years and five monitors they have lost me. The new one will be an Acer, based on good experience with their notebooks and excellent magazine reviews. Oh, and I was able to find my way around their web site www.acer.co.uk and get a price list easily. Samsung's site www.samsung.co.uk is dreadful.

Made wonder if there is a general concensus yet about which TFT monitor is "best".

Richard
Richard Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote