DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Images

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
marlene
Staff

Default Exhibit/trade show graphics

A client wants me to create the artwork for a bunch of trade show booth panels, signs, etc. that will be produced by an exposition services company for their conference.

I don't think I've ever done this kind of stuff before (if I have, it was too long ago to remember). The expo services people prefer Illustrator files, so I am gonna try to build these panels in Illustrator (I have CS2 for Windows), despite my amateur status with AI.

The client described what she wants -- a background with an oval or elliptical gradient. (Everything else will be simple text and or vector graphics placed on that background.) Can the oval gradient be done in AI? I tried, but could only do a circle. I could stretch it out to be oval, but don't know what happens to the areas that extend beyond the edge of the "page."

If it's easier to do an oval gradient in Photoshop, I can do that and import (place?) it into my AI files.

Although I use PS 7 on a daily basis, I do have CS2.

Another AI question -- when I try to set up a page size for one of the panels (all the sizes that were given to me are in mms), 1525 mm 2440 mm, the first number kept changing itself to 1525.0001 mm as soon as I clicked outside the window where I entered the number.

What's that about?

mxh
marlene is offline   Reply With Quote