DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
George

Default Pricing Purses

Thinking about price differentials on products, as threads in this forum question at times, a trip to a department store with my wife recently comes to mind. We looked at purses, and they cost $300 to $1,500. But there was a small section in the corner with British purses, and these were priced at $4,500 to $6,000.

Now I'll admit from the way I understand purses, that the British purses were the nicest, due to design, but they weren't $5,700 nicer -- not by a long shot. And in fact, I think, despite the purses being so stunning, they also were over designed; so that really they couldn't be used at a lot of places, without a woman looking like she was showing off.

So -- why do British purses cost $6,000?????

George

No, my wife doesn't even carry a $300 purse (most likely), and very frequently, she uses a purse that retails under $100. We were just window shopping.

If I get a good response on this thread, next I'll ask, why does a woman need so many purses anyway???
George is offline   Reply With Quote