DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.
Default A clickety-clack keyboard

I just ordered Das Keyboard Professional, sold by the description:
The Das Keyboard Professional provides the best typing experience combined with a modern glossy look and useful features.

Das Keyboard sports best-in-class German-engineered gold-plated mechanical key switches that provide tactile and audio feedback making typing a pure joy. Once you start typing, the tactile and audio clicks create positive reinforcing feedback. It makes typing fun and addictive. Newly added blue LEDs provide a slick look and the new USB hub allows you to charge and sync your iPod or iPhone. Fast typists and gamers will be glad to hear Das Keyboard has an n-key rollover function allowing up to 12 keys to be pressed simultaneously. Finally, the new Das Keyboard has an extra long USB cable that fits through your desk grommet and keeps your workspace neat and tidy.
It costs $129, so a bit more than some of my recent keyboards, but I look forward to a keyboard that makes a little clicking noise instead of muffled thunks. It also comes in a version with no markings on the keys — the Das Keyboard Ultimate, same price.

I will let you know how it is once I get it.