DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
George

Default Easy Lighting

When I got a bigger bookcase for my main computer room, the lighting arrangement had to change. I was left with a track light to the right, another behind me, and a floor lamp to the left. I couldn't get the lighting right to feel comfortable --it was always too much or too little. I ended up just using the right track light, but I was not happy..

But I had some accent lights laying around, usually used to highlight art work. They set on the floor or a table and shoot light straight up. So I put a big one on the floor just behind my monitor screen to the right, and a little one on the table to the left, again just behind the monitor screen and about 5 inches lower, set at a slight angle backward. I plugged both into a separate power strip with a switch, and they turn right on or off.

Gee, this fill-in light is extremely nice, and my eyes feel great. The lighting is all so smooth. So I thought I'd share the idea.

George
George is offline   Reply With Quote