DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
terrie
Sysop

Default outlookfreeware site??

I'm helping my sister with getting some Thunderbird emails on her system to one of her clients. I've discovered and tested a nifty Thunderbird addon "ImportExportTools" (see links below) which has a number of different options for exporting TBird emails--one of the tricky bits is of course, any attachments to the emails and the addon has a number of different approaches.

Prior to looking for some sort of export/import utility, my thought was to just copy the emails to its own folder (in "Local Folders") and then put the file(s) on a thumbdrive figuring the client would just copy the file to their own TBird "Local Folders". My sister countered that with she's not sure what email software the client/client's support uses so we want to cover all bases--it's a bit of a weird situation so this is the way it has to be done. One of those bases is of course Outlook/Outlook Express (ewww! gag!). I've discovered (but am not too surprised given it's Microsoft) that going from mbox to pst is problematic.

This has led me to outlookfreeware.com which has an extensive list of little utilities to do various things in Outlook that should already be built into Outlook if Microsoft did not think that it's the phone company (as in "We're THE phone company, we don't have to care!"). There is also a paid utility from another developer which is an option but it would be nice to be able to do this one-time task without having to shell out money--will do that if necessary and fortunately, the price is not onerous if we have to do that.

Has anyone had any dealings with outlookfreeware.com? It looks to be legitimate but one never knows these days...'-}}

For those who may be interested, here are the links to the Thunderbird ImportExportTools addon:

1. At mozilla:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu...rtexporttools/

2. Developer's webiste:
https://freeshell.de//~kaosmos/mboximport-en.html

Thanks!

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote