DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Fonts & Typography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 PM   #1
levonk

Default Font Encoding/codepage

Hi,

I am a professional font designer, but these days that has no meaning. I am the person that draws the character shapes, then there are people in the company that create the font from my drawings.

This was when I was an employee in a company. Now I have my own company (not a type foundary, but a graphic design/printing company), and I wish to create fonts from some drawings that I have worked on throughout the years.

My drawings are Armenian fonts, and I am using FontLab 4.6 on Mac OS X 10.3 to create Type 1 fonts. As you may have realized I am not that good in creating fonts. I have read some articles/manuals, and I am able to manage the basic stuff.

I am having trouble making my font work with the Armenian script (keyboard layout). The glyphs are in the right place (uni0531 to uni058A). I have named the glyphs not according to the recommended name but according to the real names of the chaacters.

What do I need to do to make my fonts work?
levonk is offline   Reply With Quote