DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2015, 01:34 AM   #1
Type-O-Positive

Default Building your own PC, part 1

Wow! I haven't been in for quite a while, it seems. Over 6 months in fact. I was reminded of my membership in the early hours of this morning by being woken by an email from the forum, wishing me a happy 70th birthday (today). Thankyou very much for that btw.
I am now settled, in Scotland. Only deviation from original plan is now my daughter lives with me, instead of 'just around the corner'. We agreed that there was no sense in having to pay to sets of utility bills. And the house is large enough for us both to disappear to do our own thing if we want.

Reading back over my previous posts. I have now given up on the idea of putting Windows on the iMac, and have just started to build myself a new PC. It will take a couple of months to complete. Depending on financial restraints, and will be used solely for DTP and occasional video editing. It probably won't even be connected to the Internet, except for software registration or upgrades. Most of the components will be sought on eBay.

Last edited by terrie; 02-25-2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: retitle
Type-O-Positive is offline   Reply With Quote