DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #25
groucho
Staff

KT-
He never said anything about tight margins. But I have to assume that any designer who is asked how to do basic imposition, is not very experienced. (Maybe very talented--but with very limited production experience.) And since artwork for music inserts is an area where creativity may be exercised...

I read his question as "artist with limited production experience wants to get it right the first time on an imposition job". With ten sheets folding to make the 20 pages, and no idea of how professionally it might be printed or how creatively the pages are set up (i.e. double trucks? bleeds?) I just felt it was worthwhile to say beware the creep, because that's one of the differences between imposed pages bound, and simple artwork for one piece or one page.
groucho is offline   Reply With Quote