DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2022, 02:17 PM   #1
terrie
Staff

Default Too stupid for words...

So, yesterday, I was transferring money from my checking account to one of my credit cards and instead of transferring, say $50, I ended up transfering say, $5000!

I about had a heart attack when I realiized what I'd done and there was no way to back out of it online and of course my )*($#)@! bank does not have any sort of email option or chat in their "Contact Us". I was very brave and called the bank and trying the navigate the damned phone options was enough to make even someone who can hear and who is not relying on the Communication Assistant to be quick and accurate in their speech-to-text absolutely crazy!

I finally got rhrough to a human being and was told that yes, they can and will refund/back out of the transaction but I had to wait for it to post. It posted today--soooo weird to see this GIANT credit on my credit card--and after and even worse phone option navigation where I apparently ended up with someone who deals with credit card fraud who once she realized what the situation was, transferred me (thankfully, direct call transfer to a person) to the appropriate person and supposedly the refund is in the works taking anywhere from 2 to 5 days...

I can't begin to tell you how relieved I was to find out that first, apparently overpayment is quite common and second, that they would do a refund because I was trying to figure out how I would go about using that huge credit on my credit card figuring maybe I could pay my mortgage via credit card for a number of months to run down the credit...

Needless to say...I will be wery...wery...wery...careful in the future...'-}}

Terrie

Last edited by terrie; 01-26-2022 at 03:49 PM. Reason: fix a typo
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote