DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Default Covid-19

Quote:
On a separate note...how are you guys covid-19'ing? Everyone ok down there?
Australia has been hit much less hard than the US and most of Europe. The states closed borders early on, and those states with fewer cases are obstinately keeping them closed to keep out anyone from Victoria which has several areas of Melbourne with increasing cases. It's hard to do that where they are basically open apart from cattle fences, but the police are patrolling the roads, and there have been no cases in any of the local government areas except those in the south-east of Queensland, for example. The virus, like the general population, is clinging desperately to the lushness of the eastern seaboard.

I caught a cold and followed general advice to get a test, which was negative.

How about you guys? Are the areas where you live dealing with high levels of the virus, and have any of you been tested positive at any stage? I have to say that seeing the news coming out of the US is very scary. The only time I have put a mask on was when I was told I had to to get into the Respiratory clinic to have the COVID-19 test.