DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Franca
Staff

Default Corel Draw 12 on Win 7?

I know this is a long shot, but is anybody here using Draw 12 on Win 7? And if so, did you have to do anything special to get it to work properly? XP Mode? Other tweaks?

I was rather surprised, actually, that it appeared to install on my Win 7 laptop without a hitch. I was fully expecting to have to jump through a number of hoops but since that was not the case I assumed everything was fine. Not so. I've had it installed for quite some time but am only now trying to use it for a project and am discovering that there are some missing elements in my files. I thought at first it was because I was opening files that had last been saved in earlier versions of Draw, but I made sure to open one that had been saved in Draw 12 and am encountering the same problem. There were no missing elements in these files when they were opened on my XP machine.

Draw 12 on my XP machine was never patched even though I'm fairly certain there was at least one service pack issued for it. Now it's so old of course Corel doesn't even list Draw 12 on its Patches and Updates page, but I'm not sure a service pack would fix this anyway. Maybe I should have installed it in XP Mode? I should probably just bite the bullet and buy the current version but that doesn't help me with the project I need to get done tomorrow. I thought it would be quick and easy ... wrong! Any ideas for the immediate and/or longterm problem?

Franca is offline   Reply With Quote