DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Old 01-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
terrie
Staff

Quote:
andrew: Yes, but do you remember where the notes are? :-)
ROFL!!! Yes indeed I do...I *love* pocket folders and start one for each of my pc's...I put the mobo manual, receipts, system installation notes, system debug notes, etc in the folder...

What can I say...I'm anal...'-}}

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:15 PM   #12
terrie
Staff

Quote:
andrew: FWIW, the latest Photoshop Elements refuses to install on Windows 2000
What error did it give you--assuming it was an error.

I had problems with my attempt to install the CS2 suite...turned out to be a conflict with my intuos2. When I turned off the tablet load, the install worked...

Might try that...

Terrie
Old 01-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #13
Michael Rowley

Terrie:

'What can I say...I'm anal'

I'd say you were better organized than most people. Of course, some people put their notes on the hard drive that just . . .

Old 01-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #14
Andrew B.
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie
What error did it give you--assuming it was an error.
"Your system does not support the minimum operating system requirement. Photoshop Elements 4.0 will only install on Windows XP or Media Center Edition 2005 Operating Systems."
Andrew B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:41 PM   #15
iamback

Quote:
I *love* pocket folders and start one for each of my pc's...
What's a "pocket folder"?

iamback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #16
terrie
Staff

Quote:
andrew: "Your system does not support the minimum operating system requirement. Photoshop Elements 4.0 will only install on Windows XP or Media Center Edition 2005 Operating Systems."
Ewww!!!! Ugly!!!! What a pita...

Terrie
Old 01-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #17
terrie
Staff

Quote:
marjolein: What's a "pocket folder"?
Visualize a letter size folder made of heavy paper--a manila folder if you know what that is--with the sides enclosed in the same material so it's like a letter size pocket.

I just did a search to see if I could find a picture and I find that they are called "filing jackets"...in any case, see this pic .

I love them! I have one for each of my imaging projects with all the notes I made while I was creating the image--I do a lot of work using Painter and make detailed notes of each of the Painter brushes I use with their individual settings and if I do a lot of complicated work in Photoshop that I think I might want to use again, I'll make notes of what I did.

Terrie
Old 01-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #18
Cristen Gillespie

Same with Premiere Elements. Like it or not, I'm going to have to get a new computer and move on to XP<sigh>

Old 01-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #19
iamback

Quote:
Visualize a letter size folder made of heavy paper--a manila folder if you know what that is--with the sides enclosed in the same material so it's like a letter size pocket.

I just did a search to see if I could find a picture and I find that they are called "filing jackets"...in any case, see this pic .
Ah, I see, thanks. I like to have a spiral-bound A5-size notebook with each computer, and have some separate ones for special projects. They lie nicely flat, but pages are perforated as well so I can easily tear out pages if I don't want to keep them or they should go somewhere else. In the "computer" notebooks I mainly make detailed notes about installation (OS, major programs) - a life saver when I had to "rebuild" my laptop after two consecutive HD crashes: I could just go (more or less) through the whole scenario again.

iamback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #20
terrie
Staff

Quote:
marjolein: I could just go (more or less) through the whole scenario again.
I don't have a notebook--good idea--but did write down everything I did and what was on the screen when I install w2k myself after I got the pc from the builder and then I have odds and ends of printed web page info and I've got it all bound together with a heavy duty clip and then all of that is in one of the pocket folders--along with the mobo book and receipts and other odds and ends...'-}}

Terrie