DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
ilox

Default Maintaining a Front Page site :(

Hello friends, I have just been asked to provide a quote on maintaining and adding content for a site - http://www.wingeddolphin.com.au/ - but they built it using MS Front Page
Quote:
What we are choosing now, is to find someone who can build the site to the same design as we have already, but in a manner that will exclude no-one.
I don't run Front Page anything. Blech! So is there any way I can maintain this site for them without the overhead of Front Page?

I would need to make the site accessible and able to be seen in non-IE browsers - no, don't bother looking if you don't have IE GGGRRRRRR!!!

If I took this site could I maintain the basic site look and feel but drop all the MS-centric crud so that it can be managed in say NVU for ex.

Any suggestions please.

Oh, and would this kind of site lend itself to changing into a (Joomla or Elxis) CMS site so that it becomes much easier to maintain and for contributors to update their content? And still maintain the look-and-feel of what they presently have?

Lastly any ballpark for charging this not-for-profit group for my services?

Last edited by ilox; 06-29-2007 at 06:04 AM.
ilox is offline   Reply With Quote