DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.
Default Help!! Partition Mac hard drive?

I know that Disk First Aid used to include a Partition option; I’ve used it. The Help file says it is there. And David Pogue’s The Missing Manual for Tiger has a picture of it.

But I don’t see it in Disk First Aid, neither the one on my boot drive nor the one on the Tiger startup disk.

I partitioned this drive in the past (perhaps it was with Panther, not Tiger). And a few months ago I cleared it out and unpartitioned it, which turned out to be a huge mistake for me. I want my partitions back!!

But now I am worried that something dire has happened to my system. Or that I am losing my mind (good thing I have that Pogue picture for reassurance!) Or that Apple in its infinite wisdom decided we should not partition drives, and pulled the function (but why not fix the Help file, then; would take a minute and cost about 56 cents!)