DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Default Australian Chamber Orchestra US tour

This is a bit late, but they do have several more concerts to perform. The Australian Chamber Orchestra (ACO) is currently touring the US with Andreas Scholl. Ames, Iowa on Friday night this week, followed by Carnegie Hall on Sunday and Princeton on Monday. Their website has the details.

They're a wonderful chamber orchestra, full of energy (only the cellists sit during performances, the rest stand). They come to Brisbane regularly, and my friends there rave about their concerts. Unfortunately, they're always on a Monday night, and even if I could get there in time after work, I'd be useless for the rest of the week after getting home in the wee hours of Tuesday afterwards. But as soon as I retire, I'm getting a subscription. I do have some of their recordings and they're wonderful.

I believe the Carnegie Hall concert is booked out, but am not sure of he others.

Highly recommended if you are in the vicinity and can get tickets.