DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Business Matters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

Default Fax alternatives

I'm tired of my fax machine. I'm tired of feeding it ink carts, I'm tired of the miserable quality of the printouts, I'm tired of the occasional glitches visited upon me by the fax switch box I use (I find that the message waiting light on my phone and possibly Caller ID don't work because of it).

It all seems like a LOT of aggro for the number of faxes I receive ... other than the occasional overthetop contract, I probably don't get more than a dozen pages a year.

I've toyed with the idea of an internet faxing service for receiving faxes and wonder if anybody has any experience/recommendations with that. Groucho, you used to use one of these things, didn't you? Given the number of pages I get, it almost seems silly to pop even the ten bucks a month they ask.

I could always just ditch the machine and tell people to email me a PDF or scan or whatever. Worst case, I could, I suppose, set one of the XP boxes to receive the fax if there's no other way.

www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote